I hope I am not starting a holy war but I want your opinion on Android vs
iPhone. As far as price goes - not my problem. Work is paying for it. It
will replace my Blackberry. Work is saying I can pick either.

This is going to happen in a month or two so, as the way technology
changes, if it's all subject to change next week, keep that in mind. :-)

Our PC tech is leaning towards the Galaxy 4 (Android) for himself.

I have two kids with iPhones, and two of the kids have iPods. I can get
along with my son's taste in music. (He wakes up to "Back in Black" but
has a lot of country also.)

I am active in Scouting. So a healthy battery life is advantageous.

I use it a lot for calling, texting, checking my Lotus Notes email and
calendar. 5250 in a terrible pinch. Wouldn't mind having a better app
for car navigation.

I guess this will be a whole new world from my Blackberry, where internet
access was almost too slow to be usable. And the battery dropped like
crazy if I was in a place with bad reception (like at the YMCA).

Rob Berendt