Found this IBM document:

http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=nas15197341657f9f57e86257655005736ff

Which has in it:

3. Many Windows 7 users have seen performance issues when opening IFS
documents on a NetServer network drive. *In some cases, changing the Web
Client Start-Up type from Manual to Automatic has improved performance.* Follow
the steps below to do this:

a. Click *Start.*

b. Click *Run* .

c. Type *services.msc *and click *[ok]* .

d. From the list of Services listed, double click on *Web Client* , and
change *Start-up type* from Manual to *Automatic* . This value defaulted to
Automatic in Windows XP. The default was changed to Manual in Windows 7.
Having this service automatically start up (and therefore always active)
can sometimes improve performance.

*Alternatively, totally Disabling the Web Client has caused drastic
performance improvements for other users.*

a. Click *Start* .

b. Click *Run* .

c. Type *services.msc *and click *[ok].*

d. From the list of Services listed, double click on *Web Client* , and
change *Start-up type* from Manual or Automatic to Disabled.
*Note: *IBM does not know what functions do and do not use the *Web Client* .
Users who are concerned that setting the* Web Client *to Disabled will
break other functions should contact Microsoft for information on the
function of this service.

On RDS, it is set to Manual. I changed it to Automatic and also started
it. After that, invoices open up within seconds. If I set it to Disabled
it opens even faster. But I don't know where else that service might be
used, so I ended up leaving it at Automatic.