We are starting to implement iPads here (local government agency). The city
counsel and upper management currently have iPads and now we are looking at
some "cloud" solutions. One thing is sharing from desktop to iPad and from
person to person. One feature I was selling my boss on is to create one
shared folder that everyone sees who gets the counsel packet and it is
sitting right there on the PC/iPad ready to be used at the meeting. Of
course we came up with other possible uses for something like Dropbox.

So the problem, Dropbox isn't secure. While most of what we would have on
Dropbox would be "public information" there are uses (like for public
safety) where it isn't public information (at least for a time). I know
about Wuala and am playing with it, but first impression isn't the best
(not that it is bad). I also have to wonder why there is a way to flag a
folder as "not family friendly". The other negative is the per user cost.
Dropbox is quite expensive for a "team" account with 5 users starting.
Wuala has better pricing, but again is 5 users and has only 100 GB for
starting price. In our case, size probably isn't a concern at this time. It
just gives a person a reason to keep the storage clean.

What do you use for sharing files out to phones and tablets? While we are
looking at maybe 10 users to start with, you know what happens as we find
more uses for it. We would like it to be simple for the end user and have
easy sharing.

--
Mike Wills
http://mikewills.me