It was only in my mind as a couple of months back the lightbulb socket in
my garage door opener went bad. Rather than replace the whole thing or
attempt a repair, I opted to put in a motion-sensing floodlight (using 2
CFL floods). Adjusting the sensitivity & angle took some fiddling but it
works fine now.