Sorry for the zombie thread. The TN5250 project runs on Windows and
Linux. Depending on how close OSX is to various Linuxes, you may be
able to compile tn5250 from source. It's written in GNU C, so
everything you need to compile it is also available free and open
source. http://tn5250.sourceforge.net/

There is also the TN5250J project, which uses Java; also free.
http://tn5250j.sourceforge.net/

Mochasoft have an OSX client for under $25US (30 day trial is
available) http://www.mochasoft.dk/tn5250macx.htm
--buck