LOL!

I tend to read in bed, or on the couch in the living room... and the odds of my iPad falling into water are slim to none.

There's somethingthing I find really nice about reading on iPad that I didn't think of prior to purchase... no need for a reading light. I can be on a dark plane, bus, car or train... or I can be in my bedroom with the lights off. The thing provides it's own light.

I also don't have to go to the library/store to get a new book. I tend to do a lot of stuff in the middle of the night, and this is much more convenient for me.

I also don't have to worry about having a bookmark handy, or losing my place in the book... it keeps track of that for me. (Though, I can mark pages if I want to go back to them later.)

I'll admit, reading books was not one of the main reasons I bought an iPad to begin with. I never expected to like using it to read books. But, I do... in fact, it's now one of my favorite features.