Hi Peter,

Re the one-time deal: I didn't think what was pasted back into the column
would be the derived values, I thought it would just copy the formulas.
When you say copy to clipboard, are you suggesting to select the new column
with formulas, use Ctrl-C, select the column I want to replace, then use
Ctrl-V?

Re the macro: I am seriously lacking in VBA skills. I used the code you
suggested, selected the cells in column J I wanted to modify, but got a
"Run-time error '13': Type mismatch", which is very helpful (not). Whoops,
wait, A1value needs to be defined as an Integer, and this did the trick.
Sweet! Question: Is 'c' (as in "For each c" and "c.offset") a special
representation of the selected cell? Is its definition implied by its use
in the "in Selection"?

Any advice where I can find more information on VBA programming? Preferably
free and online?

Thanks for your help!
- Dan