Thanks Lukas, more of my time taken up, chasin' up ;-)

Doesn't solve Jeff's problem yet but very helpful all the same.

<quote>
Tools to read the small memory dump file
You can load small memory dump files by using the Dump Check Utility
(Dumpchk.exe). You can also use Dumpchk.exe to verify that a memory dump
file has been created correctly. The Dump Check Utility does not require
access to debugging symbols. The Dump Check Utility is included with the
Microsoft Windows 2000 Support Tools and the Microsoft Windows XP Support
Tools.

For additional information about how to use the Dump Check Utility in
Windows 2000 and in Windows NT, click the following article number to view
the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
156280 How to use Dumpchk.exe to check a memory dump file
For additional information about how to use the Dump Check Utility in
Windows XP, click the following article number to view the article in the
Microsoft Knowledge Base:
315271 How to use Dumpchk.exe to check a memory dump file
Note The Dump Check Utility is not included in the Microsoft Windows Server
2003 Support Tools. To obtain the Dump Check Utility if you are using
Microsoft Windows Server 2003, download and install the Debugging Tools for
Windows package from the following Microsoft Web site:
http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/devtools/debugging/default.mspx
You can also read small memory dump files by using the WinDbg tool or the
KD.exe tool. WinDbg and KD.exe are included with the latest version of the
Debugging Tools for Windows package.
This Web page also provides access to the downloadable symbol packages for
Windows. To use the resources, create a folder on the disk drive where the
downloaded local symbols or the symbol cache for symbol server use will
reside. For example, use C:\Symbols. You can use the following symbol path
with all the commands that are described in this article:
SRV*c:\symbols*http://msdl.microsoft.com/download/symbols
If you download the symbols to a local folder, use the path of that folder
as your symbol path.

For more information about the dump file options in Windows, click the
following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge
Base:
254649 Overview of memory dump file options for Windows Server 2003,
Windows XP, and Windows 2000
</quote>

Norm Dennis