If you remove the updates via Add/Remove you will back them out and
potentially render your PC unusable. Installing a Service Pack doesn't
always install everything; it might just do a net-new and install updates to
just the files that have changed.

What you can do, though, is clear off the files that would be used to back
out the updates. When you install an update Windows backs up the files
being replaced to a subdirectory in the Windows directory that begins with a
$. These files can be deleted if you're comfortable that you won't need to
uninstall the update. For me, anything that's been around for 3 months
isn't likely to ever be uninstalled. So, here's how to clean them:

Using My Computer/Windows Explorer open the WIndows directory. Do Folder
Options to enable the viewing of hidden & system files. You'll see a bunch
of directories that begin with $NT, maybe $KB etc. They may show in blue to
represent their status as compressed folders. Sort them by date and delete
all except the ones which are three months old or newer.

After that, go get CCleaner (ccleaner.com or go straight to
http://www.filehippo.com/download_ccleaner and select Download Latest
Version to download it. Install/run CCleaner and it will find and let you
remove extra garbage that has accumulated on your hard drive and int eh
Windows registry.