At home I have Windows Home Server handle the backups. It does an
incremental every night. And because it uses VSS it only backs up changed
disk clusters. Nightly backups only take a minute or two per machine. And
restores are painless. Example:

A few months back I took one machine that was running Vista & installed the
Win7 RC on it. The other day I decided to go back to the Vista install so I
could upgrade the machine to Win7 using the Win7 Family Pack. I booted from
the restore CD that comes with WHS, picked the machine image to restore, and
went shopping. When I got back it was done & sitting at the login prompt.
Totally painless.

I really think Windows Home Server is one of the best consumer Windows
products MS has ever released.