On Tue, Aug 25, 2009 at 22:27, Jeff Crosby<jlcrosby@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I started experimenting with Blat. ÂI was able to send via relaying
through smtprelay.dilgardfoods.xxx (a server here in the office) which
does TLS. ÂBut when I tried going directly to smtp.gmail.com, it
didn't like it.

Try connecting to the MXes for dilgardfoods.com directly - no
authentication needed.

Non-authoritative answer:
dilgardfoods.com MX preference = 10, mail exchanger = dilgardfoods.com.s9
a1.psmtp.com
dilgardfoods.com MX preference = 20, mail exchanger = dilgardfoods.com.s9
a2.psmtp.com
dilgardfoods.com MX preference = 30, mail exchanger = dilgardfoods.com.s9
b1.psmtp.com
dilgardfoods.com MX preference = 40, mail exchanger = dilgardfoods.com.s9
b2.psmtp.com

Work fine by hand:

220 Postini ESMTP 258 y6_20_1c2 ready. CA Business and Professions Code Section
17538.45 forbids use of this system for unsolicited electronic mail advertiseme
nts.
ehlo test
250-Postini says hello back
250-STARTTLS