Lukas Beeler skrev:

Well, it depends on what you want to achieve. Are you talking about an
internal setup, or something at a customers site?

I am looking for a reasonable way to provide a JRE + web container (think Tomcat) plus our web application to a customer on a WIndows platform.

Currently I do the manual installation of all - usually over REmote Desktop - but it would be nicer to be able to push these out in a more automatic fashion.

It appears that GP is a Windows Server 2008 thing, so it will still take a while to be generally available. Most clients run Windows Server 2003.

Using scripts to copy files to admin$ shares are another way, but they
only work with clients that are currently online. They've been
obsoloted by GPP.
We usually need local adminsitrator rights anyway... Hmmm... Interesting :)

I'll keep your admin$ in mind.
Thanks for your helpfulness.