On Wed, Mar 25, 2009 at 02:22, Tom Jedrzejewicz <tomjedrz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
The best way to do that is to have them use the primary email server!

Agreed, replace the current Linux machine with an Exchange server,
using the full (not SBS) products. Maybe EBS is a good choice,
depending on the size of the company? (Judging by the way they're
dealing with IT, rather small).

You may be able to get Exchange to send that .. see the "email accounts"
part of the user setup.  You may also be able to get the main mail server to
force that for relayed mail, but I am not sure.

Of course. Exchange supports Namespace sharing. It's well documented
in Migration documents, when you need to migrate from legacy mail
systems to Exchange, while retaining the legacy mail system during the
migration.

How about having them get email from the primary email server and use
SBS/Exchange for the calendar and contacts?  OWA will work if they need it,
and the mail system has a web portal for messages.

That sounds rather ugly and unworkable in reality.

I would say "non-standard" .. the POP3 Connector is intended for getting
mail from external/ISP mail systems, not from another server in the same
domain.

It would still work.