Interesting idea...I used VMWare once, briefly, and found it to be fairly
simple and performance was good too, if I remember correctly.

-----Original Message-----
From: pctech-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:pctech-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Joe Pluta
Sent: Tuesday, March 17, 2009 5:25 PM
To: PC Technical Discussion for iSeries Users
Subject: Re: [PCTECH] Windows Vista (puke) and Windows Server 2008

How about running Windows server and then running Vista inside of a
VMWare machine? That way the server would always be available, and you
could just fire up Vista whenever you needed it. You'd reuse all of
your hardware, and never have to worry about dual boot.

Joe

Hi,

I need to purchase a new PC and I want to kill two birds with one stone if
can.

What I am trying to figure out.can I get one PC.install two internal hard
drives in it, and on one, install Windows Vista (which I hate but seem to
have little choice in avoiding.) and on the other I would like to run
Windows Server 2003 or 2008.

It has been ten years or more since I set up a dual boot PC and so I would
appreciate any advice about this approach or suggestions for alternatives.

I'm wondering about issues such as shared Ethernet cards.or would I need
two
cards.things like that.

I could get two PC's..and with the cost of hardware coming down so much,
price-wise that's not such a big deal. But then I have to find a place
for
two PC's.when I really don't even have a place for one more in my
office.but
I also don't want to get rid of the one I work on every day.

Suggestions?