Shannon ODonnell wrote:

What I am trying to figure out.can I get one PC.install two internal hard
drives in it, and on one, install Windows Vista (which I hate but seem to
have little choice in avoiding.) and on the other I would like to run
Windows Server 2003 or 2008.

Shannon:

I've installed multiple copies of Win2k on separate drives with no noticeable issues. In fact, just a few weeks ago, I installed Win2k on the 2nd partition of a drive, after doing full restores of the three partitions onto a new physical drive.

The boot sector got messed up on the original drive and I couldn't get the new drive to boot after the restores. So, I installed onto partition 2, the drive got marked as bootable, and I could then choose which install to boot from. So far, everything looks essentially exactly like it used to under the old physical setup, except, of course, I now have an alternative Win2k to boot to.

Made me glad that I had originally partitioned the drive into decently sized partitions.

But that's Win2k -- not Vista nor Windows Server of any flavor.

Tom Liotta