On Tue, Jan 20, 2009 at 12:27 PM, Jeff Crosby <jlcrosby@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
All,

Interested in opinions and especially experiences with hosted MS exchange
services.

We seriously considered hosting email a few years ago, but decided
against it. The single big reason was security/privacy. The owner of
the company was not OK with the idea of all that critical data being
in the hands of another company. We may consider it again when the
time comes to retire/upgrade the current email system.

My thoughts ...
1- The hosted solution would likely perform better and be more reliable.
2- We could do in-house email cheaper, but we could not do in-house
email nearly as well.
3- More discipline would have been required in areas such as access to
terminated user emails and recovery of old emails.
4- I like the idea of monthly pay-as-you-use rather than big lump
expenses at somewhat random intervals.
5- Several recent challenges related to building, space and power
would have been much easier to deal with if we had been hosting.

Has anyone been involved with contracting for desktop/help desk support?

Thanks.
---------
Tom Jedrzejewicz
tomjedrz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx