From: pctech-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:pctech-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Norm Dennis
Sent: Thursday, December 18, 2008 9:12 AM
To: PC Technical Discussion for iSeries Users
Subject: Re: [PCTECH] Skype over wireless (was: Wireless Networking Options)

I use Skype to communicate with my sons, one lives in Brisbane (Aust) and
one lives in London (UK).
I have a laptop with wireless and don't have may issues.
Similar experiences to David.
The quality is reasonable but not perfect and occasionally there can be a
muffled word or two but I don't know the cause of that.

I recently used Skype on my laptop with a Sierra Air Card when visiting a
remote mining site in the North West of Western Australia, to my family in
Perth (West Aust) with a camera at each end and was suitably impressed with
the quality of voice and clarity of video.

HTH,

Norm Dennis