David wrote:
I've known about the EyeFi card for a while ...
and was thinking of getting one (along with a SD -> CF adapter),
but haven't gotten around to it.

David -
See below...
- sjl

--------------------------------
http://blog.wired.com/gadgets/2008/06/smile-youre-on.html

Smile, You're On Camera: Eye-Fi Card Catches Thief

By Charlie Sorrel
June 06, 2008

<Snip>
Here's a new use for the Eye-Fi wireless SD card that we hadn't considered:
A virtual private eye. Eye-Fi user Alison DeLauzon lost $1,000 worth of
photo gear while on holiday in Florida.

The Eye-Fi SD card, once plugged into your camera, hooks up to the internet
and sends your photos to either an online sharing site or directly back to
your home machine. In this case it was the latter, and the hapless thief not
only sent the precious vacation shots back to Alison's computer, but --
according to the email we received from Gadget Lab reader Joe Volat --
"pictures [of] the thieves proudly displaying Alison's lifted camera
equipment."...

</Snip>

http://blog.wired.com/gadgets/2008/06/smile-youre-on.html