I use lightning... but haven't used Outlook, so it's hard to compare.

Version 0.5 of lightning I found to be very buggy. Upgrading to version 0.7 made a big difference for me.

I've also had problems with remote calendars, and I'm not exactly sure whether the problem is on the server or in lightning -- but every so often, the remote calendar will be completely wiped out. My "solution" was to put a script on the server that backs up the calendars regularly, so when something is lost I can easily restore it.

But I haven't had that problem with local calendars -- only remote ones. And we have maybe a half-dozen people using Lightning, so far I'm the only one with the problem (knock on wood).

But, I really like it... The bugs crop up only infrequently, and I use the thing constantly, I like it.

Jeff Crosby wrote:
All,

I have been using Outlook for email & PIM. Have been thinking of moving to
Thunderbird for some time - I heard there was a calendaring/todo/etc addon
coming that would make Thunderbird a full PIM.

Last night I discovered it exists: Lightning. Any of you Thunderbird users
using it? Issues?

I could see our company abandoning MS Office altogether and replacing with
OpenOffice & Thunderbird.