Hello Tom,

Yeah, I was using POP3 and had all my mail in local folders. I
tried all the recommended stuff at the time, but never found
anything that I could really use effectively. But that's just
me...

Rick DuVall wrote:

The only issue I have ever had with Thunderbird is the lack of
an export function. there is no way, if you decide to change, to
export your mail or settings. That doesn't enage my comfort
level appropriately... ;-)

For IMAP, how much is there to export? Just connect to the server
with a different client.

However, as an open-source project, various add-ons/utilities have
been created to implement export functions. These can be used for
entire folders that you might have created for local/off-line use
rather than for individual e-mail items (which can be exported as
.eml files.)

http://kb.mozillazine.org/Export_mail_into_Outlook_(Express)_or_Apple_Mail
or
http://tinyurl.com/72xd9

I've had no use for export, so I'm no source for info.

Tom Liotta

--
Tom Liotta
The PowerTech Group, Inc.