Douglas,

I think you need to download VMWare Server (which is free IIRC), the
players will only allow you to run pre-created images (I think)

Peter Colpaert
Application Developer
PLI - IT - Kontich, Belgium
-----
Yoda of Borg are we. Futile is resistance, assimilated will you be.
-----

"Douglas Handy" <dhandy@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: pctech-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
22/08/2007 23:52
Please respond to
PC Technical Discussion for iSeries Users <pctech@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

"PC Technical Discussion for iSeries Users" <pctech@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
Re: [PCTECH] Absolutely Ridiculous

Jim,

I run that environment on my T60 with 2Gb of memory and it works very
well. Chews up disk in a hurry.

On my desktop PC, disk is not an issue (though it is on my laptop). While
my laptop has only a 100GB drive (7200rpm), I have nearly 5TB on my
desktop.

I use XP as the base environment and run the free VMware client on top.

If I want to use XP Pro as the base, what exactly do I need to download
from
VMWare in order to set up a virtual Vista client? Just the VMWare Player?

Based on the little reading I did on the website, I thought I'd need to
have
a copy of VMWare Workstation to create the "virtual machine" the Player
runs. If that is not the case, how do I load my copy of Vista using
VMWare
Players?