When I started using the new Vista Office 2007 Outlook to retrieve messages
from the various MidRange Lists all seem to be well but I did notice that
after I had saved them to a holding directory and was reading them back in
to post to a Word document that almost every line was wrapped down to a
maximum length of fifty characters so I would have to do some heavy Word
editing to get them look like the original OutLook document.

I do not remember this happening on my XP machine which is also running
OutLook 2007.

This was getting to be a PIA so today before my support warranty run out I
decided to call M$ support. Had great support from a young man from one of
the Canadian eastern Provinces but did not really like the new.

When you use the SaveAs function in OutLook it transfers into the Word
editor and gives you text as the type of document. If you use the Save
function, good New Word and Vista decides to wrap the original document
according to its rules (Yes, Billy and M$ have their own set of rules).
Obviously my next question was relative a preference change that might be
available. There are apparently none but there is a way around the problem.
When you are shown the Save page you can not only select the Directory that
you want as a destination but you can also change the type of object to
save. If you select OutLook Message Format, the original document will be
saved without any wrapping action. Yes, a PIA but it does work and that is
how I will work from now on.

By the way, even though I am still having problems with IBM and WDSC on the
VISTA Ultimate machine, I am getting to like VISTA very much. I suspect that
after I find more of the "hidden paths" of this OS that I will like it even
more. My XP machine is gathering a little dust right now except when I am
working with WDSC.

Jack Derham

Direct Systems, Inc.

P.S. Jon don't give up on OutLook too soon. I believe it is here to stay.