Another person recommended http://www.websitebaker.org/ which is almost
exactly what I was looking for. The site is now the result of a couple hours
of work.

On 5/16/07, Joel Cochran <joelcochran@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hey Mike (and Team Oliver),

I know you've already mentioned it, but my answer would still be
Wordpress.
It's the fastest and easiest way to get a good looking site up. And I
find
it easy to customize. And the newest versions easily allow you to use a
non-blog page as the homepage. In fact, you can just use it for content
management and never even establish a blog. I've gotten to the point
where
I do not really develop sites anymore, I just install and customize
Wordpress.

Just out of curiosity, why do you think it would not fit?

Two other possibilities:

1) Joomla - http://www.joomla.org/ This is a full fledged content
management system. I have not had any luck with it, but I have friends
who
swear by it.
2) NucleusCMS - http://nucleuscms.org/ Another content management system.
We used to use this in house, it is not too bad to set up and get going.

Hope this helps,

--
Joel Cochran