I am asking for this esteemed group's advice.  I need to find an external
DVD burner that will be used to burn a 15-minute video that will be played
on DVD players -- the kind that you attach to a TV.  The user burning the
DVDs is presumed to be non-technical, so, after I set it up for this user,
it just has to plain work.  I know when I've burned VCD's, some players are
pretty finicky about these, and I don't know if this is a non-issue with
DVDs burned from a PC.  This user will use this to burn copies of this one
video on demand.

The reason for wanting an external drive is that the user has no control
over the PC that she will use; the agency may just replace the one she's got
and not want to bother taking an internal unit out and replace it in the new
PC.  Speed is not a concern, even at 1x, how long does it take to burn 15
minutes worth of video?

Note that we are not looking for an editor, only a burner and whatever
simple software required to burn the pre-existing video file to DVD.
Ideally, the end-user of the DVD would just slip it into the player, and it
plays automagically.

Budget:  It would be helpful to keep this in the $100 range, although up to
$200 is not out of the question.

I don't know how much of the above description is non-essential to the
question, but just thought I'd cover as many bases as I could, as we need to
acquire this no later than this weekend.

TIA,
Dan