From: pctech-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:pctech-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx]
On Behalf Of Dan
Sent: Wednesday, January 03, 2007 4:37 PM
To: PC Technical Discussion for iSeries Users
Subject: [PCTECH] using a laptop as an internet access point...

Say I'm in a room in my house with a laptop that has a wireless
connection.
Add to that another laptop that does not have wireless but has an
ethernet adapter.  Is there a way to run an ethernet cable between the
two laptops so that the non-wireless laptop can get online?  Special
ethernet cable?  Does WinXP detect this automagically, or is there any
manual configuration that needs to happen?

What if I also would like to copy files from one laptop to the other?
Could I use this same connection?

TIA,
Dan
--
This is the PC Technical Discussion for iSeries Users (PcTech) mailing