On 10/24/06, Chuck Lewis <chuck.lewis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Wow, that didn't take long. Installed it last Friday and didn't use it
much.
Ditto for yesterday. Playing around with it a bit more today and had about
5
tabs open and click on a link on a page and it blows up and wants to send
an
error report to Microsoft.

Thanks for beta testing IE7 for us, Chuck!  Really appreciate it.  ;-)

And it opens up an Online Crash Analysis in Mozilla Firefox :-) :

???????????????  IE7 crashed Firefox?  Wow, M$ is getting really aggressive
now, aren't they?

<snip>

So WHY didn't it just TELL me I needed this rather than blowing up ?

You sound surprised.  Chuck, Chuck, Chuck.  The proper way to address this
would have been to have the IE7 install app to automatically download and
install the latest Flash or at least notify the user to do so.  But this is
Microsoft we're talking about, hence things will blow up in your face.  Was
there anything in the IE7 release notes about plugins?

Got any other IE plugins?  Might want to check for upgrades for those as
well.

The only thing that would compel me to upgrade to IE7 is if M$ stopped
issuing fixes for IE6.  I dunno if M$ has indicated an end-of-support
directive for IE6; I figure I'll hear about it from one or more of the
newsletters I subscribe to.

<sarcasm>  Can't wait for Vista!  </sarcasm>

- Dan