Don't know if anyone here will have experience with this particular
issue or not, but...

I have a socket server program running on a Windows 2003 server.  I can
pass a command to that server listener (from the iSeries) and have the
socket program run a *.BAT file, no problem.  However, when I attempt to
have that socket program run an *.exe file of any kind,  it craps out on
me. If there is a call to an *.exe within the *.bat file, that call
fails as well.  I'm guessing it's likely an authority issue.

If I attempt to run the same *.exe program using RUNRMTCMD and pass in a
valid Win 2003 user profile and password, I can run the command fine.

So I have two questions.

1.      Is there a way (say a DOS command or other windows command or
API) that I can run from my socket server program to allow me to log on
first and then run my exe file?

2.      Barring that, is there a way to have Win 2003 server ignore the
authority issue for a specific *.exe or API?

Thanks in advance...