On 15 Sep 2006 at 11:36, David (David Gibbs <pctech@xxxxxxxxxxxx>) commented
about Re: [PCTECH] PC backup best practices:

Gary Kuznitz wrote:
It will back up everything faster and take up much less space.  Each file
is only
backed up once.  If a file was backed up on a previous backup it doesn't
save it a
second time.  It's extremely fast after the first backup.  I have one setup
that
takes about 10min to backup three PC's across a network excluding cache and
temp
files.

Sounds like a standard incremental backup system.

It's kind of like a smart incremental backup because it knows what to restore
in one
pass.  So you don't even think about restoring the original backup first and
then an
incremental.  And with an incremental they backup what was changed since the
last
full backup so each incremental would backup the same files.  This doesn't need
backup a file if it's on a previous backup.

Does it backup the registry, files in use, etc?

Yes.  Everything.

What kind of restore capabilities does it have?  Does it have a
mechanism to completely restore a system to it's last backed up state

Yes.  You can restore everything to a new hard drive or you can restore
individual
files or folders.  What ever you like.  You can also restore files from the
last month
end or the last year end.  It's secrete is it keeps snapshots of every backup
so it
knows which files(versions) were on the drives during any one backup.

(assuming a total system failure).
Yes.  Assuming your backup is on a different physical drive. (disk or tape)

Gary

david