On 26 Jul 2006 at 10:49, daparnin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx (daparnin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
<pctech@xxxxxxxxxxxx>) commented about Re: [PCTECH] I hate... oh I guess
everyone:
<snip>
It's great to have multiple monitors and have one full-screen app in one
while you have Explorer or calculator in the other.  Just last Saturday I
won an aution on Ebay because I had one IE window on one monitor that I
kept refreshing with the remaining time and another IE window on the 2nd
monitor ready to place the winning bid.
<snip>

You should try JBidWatcher.  It's much easier to find and keep track of
items on Ebay with it's search feature and it will put in your bid in the last
few seconds of the auction automatically. I like to add a couple more
columns for shipping and total price.   You can get it free at:
http://www.jbidwatcher.com/

Gary

Dave Parnin
--
Nishikawa Standard Company
Topeka, IN  46571

                      "Douglas Handy"
                      <dhandy@xxxxxxxxx        To:       "PC Technical
                      Discussion for iSeries Users" <pctech@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

                           >                        cc:

                                    Sent by:                 Subject:  Re:
                      [PCTECH] I hate... oh I guess everyone

                                     pctech-bounces@mi

                                   drange.com

                      07/26/2006 10:02
AM
                                                             Please respond
                                                           PC Technical

                                                    Discussion for

                                               iSeries Users

Joe,

I really just want to have the extra real estate for application
development

I'm amazed at the number of people who *don't* do this.  I've used multiple
monitors for many years, and currently actually run four flat panels from two
cards.  I use two 20" at 1600x1200 each, an 18" at 1280 x 1024, and a 15" at
1024x768.  Gives me nearly 6 million pixels of viewable desktop space to work
with.

I also recommend using something like Ultramon ( www.ultramon.com ) when
running mulitple monitors.

Flat panels are cheap anymore, and the productivity gains by having more
screen real estate are great, IMHO.

Doug
email:
PcTech-request@xxxxxxxxxxxx Before posting, please take a moment to review the