In sight of a water tower.....well shoots that idea, a lot (50%+) of people
in my general area still have "cisterns" and get their water delivered in
trucks/hoses as needed......

On 7/24/06, Booth Martin <booth@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

We have a similar problem here.  One of the local ISPs installed
wireless, and bounces the signal from water tower to water tower.  If we
are in sight of a water tower we can sign-up for broadband.  They had a
learning curve but its been pretty stable for a year now. They pay their
rent to the towns for the use of the water towers by providing broadband
free to the local schools.  Its a win-win for everyone.