Well, maybe I did not make myself clear...
Let me try to explain it better this time:
As I see it, any "Function" , in any language, is "a program (or whatever)" that can be invoked from another program (Application) to do some work and return a result value. What I'd like to write is a "Function", could be called "Ask_Customer_ID", that would present some displays (windows) with search criteria, show a list (ListBox) of those that qualify for the entered search criteria, allow for selection, and return the selected Customer_ID. Any Access Form that needs the customer_ID (Order Entry, or Invoicing, etc) asking the user for Customer_ID could then have a "Command Button" that, when pressed, would call Function Ask_Customer_ID" to get it returned and go on with other processing...

That function (and, possibly, others...) could be "encapsulated" (???) in a .DLL to be used "where needed".
Can this be done? Any example of how to do it?
But from Access2000 Help (and I guess Access2003 would be the same...) searching for "Call" (Action Execute Code):
   "Microsoft Access ignores the value returned by the Function" (??? !!!)
Then, maybe, passing the Customer_ID as a ByRef parameter?

Hope I made myself more clear this time.
TIA

Shannon ODonnell escribió:

So...I'm not following this completely here... are you wanting to have a
customer number (and all key fields) prompt that then writes the values to a
file which could be read by your Access and other apps?

And you're wanting it such that from within Access or Excel or whatever, you
can execute this new app to display the prompt. And your goal is so that the
single prompt provides a uniform look and feel to all the apps, writing the
data to a single file on the hard drive?

Is that what you're after?