John,

Thanks for the advice!  The dual core comparison is something I was
wondering about.  I didn't know how much of a difference that would make.
I'll definitely be adding on the power adapter or 2nd battery and buying
some additional RAM.  I don't know if I'll have the option of changing the
RPM for the Thinkpad, and they don't list what it comes with other than 60
GB.  I'll have to give someone a call and find out.

Thanks,
Mike

Michael Jacobsen
System Programmer, IT