Booth,

I was using my laptop with two screens the other day and closed an
> application while its window was on monitor two.  Now, how do I move it
> to screen one since I am not using the second screen now?

If the program has code to save and restore its last screen position, then
the author should have also added the code to ensure the screen position to
restore is still valid.  However, I can tell you from running multi-monitor
mode for many years that such is very often not the case.  (Client Access is
one such animal.)

You can generally bring it back home by right-clicking the task bar entry
for the app, selecting Move, then using the keyboard cursor keys to move the
window in the direction you think it needs to go until visible again.  Even
better though, if you use multiple monitors much at all, get yourself a copy
of UltraMon ( www.ultramon.com ) and assign shortcut keys to moving windows
among monitors.  Then in one keystroke you can bring anything back to the
primary monitor, or move to an adjacent monitor, or whatever.  Lots of nice
features, including the ability to put a smart taskbar on each monitor with
only its own apps listed on it.

Doug