From: pctech-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:pctech-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx]
On Behalf Of pnelson@xxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Monday, March 20, 2006 10:52 AM
To: PC Technical Discussion for iSeries Users
Subject: Re: [PCTECH] Dell Support (was: [CPF0000] Dell support
explained)

You pay extra for Gold Support, and it entitles you to speak to somebody
in the US, at the very least. Plus, they have a parts depot in
Bensenville and hardware support techs that can come on site to fix
things.

I had a casters up machine last spring. I called Dell at 5 or 6 AM and
got routed to India. After being transferred a couple of times and
getting the same scripted evaluation process, I said "You can see that I
am covered by Gold Support. I want to talk to somebody in Round Rock, TX
right f__ing now." A couple of clicks later, I hear "Howdy" in a Texas
accent. A few minutes later, the tech told me that the problem was one
of 2 things, and that he had sent a dispatch order for the parts, and
that the tech would be knocking on my door before 11 AM. The parts
showed up by courier 45 minutes later, and the tech showed up at 9:45.
Since he had a new motherboard and a new power supply, he installed
both. He said his paperwork would be easier that way.