228 of 254. :)  Yeah, having a 21 that only takes 4-6 hours vs. 14+ is
nice.  Especially when it all fits on a single tape so you don't have to
wait around to load blanks.

How's this?  I didn't even start reading the
release-to-release/RISC-to-RISC docs until the save was underway.  Found
a 1-page summary of what to do on page 16 of a Redbook (i5/OS V5R3 A
Guide to Getting There from Previous OS/400 Releases; red piece 3997)
and stopped reading.  Realized the only thing I hadn't done recently was
the RTVSYSINF, but I had done one some time ago & nothing's changed so
I'm still good there.

And, the 570 I'll be restoring to has an HMC so I can remote-console
into it.  After I load the tape, I'll hang around until I start the
RSTLIB *NONSYS.  From there I'll head home & finish from the comfort of
my den with a nice glass of wine.

I expect the total migration from the old 830 to the i5 will take under
15 hours.

Beats the heck out of the saves I did 13 years ago on a B50.