I'm not sure I follow. Ignore the internet for a moment. Within the
office you have two "group" of machines, those that are hardwired and
those that are wireless. Ignoring security, it would be fine for them to
all be on one big happy subnet, including the iSeries. So far so good?

However, we can't ignore security, right? So what I'm proposing is put
the wireless people on their own subnet and bring up a VPN connection to
the "real" subnet. This way they can access "protected" resources over
the VPN and still be wireless.

Now, as for the internet, you could either force them to come over the
VPN and then out through the same interface as the hardwired people, or
you could provide another route to the internet for the wireless people.

Make sense, or did I miss something?

-Walden

Walden H Leverich III
President & CEO