Yea, I could live without the activation code too.  I forgot to mention
that because of the activation code and that it's based on the system
hardware (mostly the network card, I believe) I did not activate it.  Since
it gives you 30 days to get it done I thought that she could take it home,
stick it in their system, let it get used to its new environment, and then
activate it.

Dave

                      Mike Wills

                      <koldark@xxxxxxxx        To:       PC Technical
Discussion for iSeries Users
                      m>                        <pctech@xxxxxxxxxxxx>@SMTP@CTB

                      Sent by:                 cc:       (bcc: David A
Parnin/Topeka/NISCO/SPCO)
                      pctech-bounces@mi        Subject:  Re: [PCTECH] Another
topic about PC hard drives
                      drange.com

                      01/14/2005 10:14

                      AM

                      Please respond to

                      PC Technical

                      Discussion for

                      iSeries Users

                      <pctech@midrange.

                      com>

I know back when I was working with Windows 9x it wasn't a good idea
because of the possible corruption of drivers and things. Yes, that is
a problem. With that stupid activation code in XP it causes all sorts
of problems like that. It won't run if that ID has changed... I
believe you have to reformat and install everything. It sucks.

--
Mike Wills
Midrange Programmer/Lawson Administrator