Chuck

I have turned off the XP desktop and use the Classic one, so it looks like Win 2K.

On my Desktop I have the "My Computer" icon. Right-clicking, I see the word "Manage" just above the first divider line.

With the XP desktop I don't think you'll even see that icon. But an item for it is there off the Start button, and I have seen other XP machines here that have the Manage when you right-click that item. Don't know otherwise.

Control Panel on mine no longer has "Users and Passwords", rather it has "User Accounts". And that is nothing like what you describe.

On Control Panel I found "Administrative Tools", and under there, "Computer Management", which gets me to the same as the "Manage" item. And from the "Users and groups" item there I can put users into lots of different groups, including "Power Users".

Is it possible that you do not have Administrative Tools activated? Right-click the start button, take properties, and configure whatever you have there.

Good luck
Vern