CD's only hold 600 meg each.  Pretty small these days.

DVD's hold about 4.7 Gig, but even that isn't very large when you are using
35+ Gig (Music files start getting LARGE).

And I don't use MS backup.  I Use Norton Ghost over the network to another
machine.  I can then burn DVD's (Actualy DVD+RW's) if I want.  Just be
prepared to use a bunch of them.

Bob