From: pctech-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:pctech-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Bob Crothers
Sent: Tuesday, June 08, 2004 9:47 AM
To: 'PC Technical Discussion for iSeries Users'
Subject: RE: [PCTECH] Internet Filter Software

Dave,

You end up with a Linux machine.  By "not building it", I mean you don't
have to explicitly load Linux.

The install will format, partition your disks, and then load Linux.

The version of Linux is based on one of the common distributions, but it has
been modified.  Main striped down to eliminate unneeded things.

Requirements are pretty minimal.  2 Supported PCI NIC's.  You can get ISA's
to work, but PCI is much easier.  I think only 128 meg of memory and 500 meg
of disk and 400mhz or better processor.  Exact requirements are it
www.ipcop.org .  A very good FAQ that will answer many of your questions is
at:

        http://www.ipcop.org/cgi-bin/twiki/view/IPCop/IPCopFAQ

Grab an old machine you where going to throw away anyway.  Download and burn
the CD.  Install it.  You'll probably be up and running in 30 minutes or
less!

Bob

the