>The extent of my geek-hood is the fact that I am still owner of an early
>CompuServe ID.

I can't remember what mine was.  I used to belong to CompuServe after I
dropped GEnie.  How about having rack-mount equipment at home?  I've got
two systems, a patch panel, and a stereo rack-mounted.  I've also got
network cable run throughout the house with nice looking Leviton wall
plates.  I've still got a functional Apple II and Atari 800.  The best part
is that my wife encourages this behavior.  Life is good!  :)

73, DE KD9SX

Dave Parnin
Nishikawa Standard Company
Topeka, IN  46571
daparnin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

                      Ken Sims

                      <mr3111@xxxxxxxxx        To:       PC Technical
Discussion for iSeries Users
                      >                         <pctech@xxxxxxxxxxxx>@SMTP@CTB

                                               cc:

                      02/13/2004 12:12         Subject:  RE: Comparing our
Geekhoods... WAS [PCTECH] GREAT
                      AM                        NEWS ! Microsoft'sIE now most
securebrowser, says Microsoft -
                      Please respond to         LOL...

                      PC Technical

                      Discussion for

                      iSeries Users

                      <pctech@midrange.

                      com>

Hi Buck -

>The extent of my geek-hood is the fact that I am still owner of an early
>CompuServe ID.

My CompuServe id is 71035,3137.  That's actually not my first one, but I
couldn't get my first one back after I had dropped off for a few years.

>It is good to see what others are doing though!  Is there a beginner's
>book for firewalls which anyone would recommend?

Are you looking for something about firewalls in general or for something
specific?  If you want to roll your own with a Linux system I recommend
"Linux Firewalls (Second Edition) by Robert L. Ziegler.  Be sure to get the
Second Edition.

>ps - Ken, I want to get my General before the CW requirement is
>eliminated.  That'll be another geek-point, although not as admirable as
>being an Extra.  73!

Yeah, mine's a real, live, 20wpm Extra (not that I could even copy 5wpm any
more).

--
Ken
http://www.ke9nr.net/