Hi Ken

About logging, I've got to look deeper - it's there, I think. What I do see is an indication of a possible intrusion (a flashing red 'X' in the system tray) when I try to ping one of the 192.168.1.x addresses inside the company VPN router. I don't see anything when trying to connect from Remote Desktop, so I think something else is going on.

There's a record of me creating a rule for isakmp protocol port 500, I think, to the Internet-accessible address of the VPN router.

I also see an information record that seems to be wrong - "invalid TCP header length" in a packet, from the machine I'm trying to connect to with Remote Desktop. So it seems that I'm getting through the VPN router - or maybe not - maybe IT is returning the bad stuff, but that doesn't make much sense.

I'm rapidly drowning here - I'll try a google on this condition. Thanks for pushing me that way.

Regards
Vern