Check to see if Internet Firewall built into XP is on, that's what our
problem was in same scenario

-----Original Message-----
From: pctech-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:pctech-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx]
On Behalf Of Gary Kuznitz
Sent: Tuesday, September 02, 2003 1:53 PM
To: PC Technical Discussion for iSeries Users
Subject: Re: [PcTech] Mapping Netwrrk drive problems in XP Pro


Hi Rob,

Because you say you can see the IFS with a Win'95 PC it sounds like you
have 
the IFS shared on the 400 accessible to a user.  I'm hoping you are
using the 
same user on XP.  Because you can't see the IFS from XP I'd like to know
if you 
can see the other PC?  It sounds like a problem on your XP PC.  Did you
name 
your XP PC?  Do you have other communications running on the XP PC?  Is
it 
connected and running on a LAN?  Can you see any other PC's from the XP
PC?  
Can any other PC's see the XP PC?  Do you have file and printer sharing
turned 
on on the XP PC?

Gary

On 2 Sep 2003 at 18:35, Rob (Rob Dixon <pctech@xxxxxxxxxxxx>) commented
about [PcTech] Mapping Netwrrk drive problems in XP Pro:

> Thanks to everyone's help, I am slowly recovering from my hard disk 
> failure.
> 
> However, in Operations Manager I can only see output queues - no IFS.

> I
> cannot map a network drive.
> 
> I have added a network place called erros (my server name) for
> \\erros\foldername.
> 
> But when I try to open it, I get
> "\\erros\foldername is not accessible.  You might not have permission 
> to
> use this network resource. ......"
> 
> I did a search for a computer erros and XP Pro found it in Entire
> Network.  When I right click on erros and open the containing folder, 
> erros is not shown but can be found by clicking on Client Access
Network 
> which does appear in Entire Network
> 
>  If I try to open erros, it asks me to log on to the AS/400 and then
> shows me my output queues only on the AS/400 as in operations manager.
> 
> My LMHOSTS.SAM file is in C:\WINDOWS\System32\drivers\etc and contains
> 
> nnn.nnn.nnn.nnn erros
> 
> I have checked the IP address several times and am sure that it is 
> correct.
> 
> If I attempt to map a network drive to \\erros\folder name
> 
>  I get
> 
> "The drive could not be mapped because no network was found"
> 
> Yet I am already logged on to the AS/400.
> 
> I wonder if it is a registry problem
> 
> Using the same AS/400 user id on an old Win95 PC, I have no problems 
> so
> I do not feel that it is an AS/400 problem
> 
> If you have any ideas, I would be most grateful.
> 
> Many thanks
> 
> Rob Dixon
> 
> 
> 
> 
> _______________________________________________
> This is the PC Technical Discussion for iSeries Users (PcTech) mailing

> list To post a message email: PcTech@xxxxxxxxxxxx To subscribe, 
> unsubscribe, or change list options, visit: 
> http://lists.midrange.com/mailman/listinfo/pctech or email: 
> PcTech-request@xxxxxxxxxxxx Before posting, please take a moment to 
> review the archives at http://archive.midrange.com/pctech.


_______________________________________________
This is the PC Technical Discussion for iSeries Users (PcTech) mailing
list To post a message email: PcTech@xxxxxxxxxxxx To subscribe,
unsubscribe, or change list options,
visit: http://lists.midrange.com/mailman/listinfo/pctech
or email: PcTech-request@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Before posting, please take a moment to review the archives
at http://archive.midrange.com/pctech.


As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

This thread ...

Replies:

Follow On AppleNews
Return to Archive home page | Return to MIDRANGE.COM home page

This mailing list archive is Copyright 1997-2022 by midrange.com and David Gibbs as a compilation work. Use of the archive is restricted to research of a business or technical nature. Any other uses are prohibited. Full details are available on our policy page. If you have questions about this, please contact [javascript protected email address].

Operating expenses for this site are earned using the Amazon Associate program and Google Adsense.