Kimden: OpenSource <opensource-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> Yerine Nihat Ezer via OpenSource
Tarih: Thursday, May 6, 2021 2:40 AM
Kime: IBMi Open Source Roundtable <opensource@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Bilgi: Nihat Ezer <nihatezer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Konu: [IBMiOSS] YNT: How to install bootstrap if error says it is already installed

DİKKAT: Bu e-posta kurum dışından gönderilmiştir. Zararlı dosya veya bağlantılar (link) içerebilir. Kaynağından emin olmadığınız dosyaları/bağlantıları (link) açarken veya e-postayı cevaplarken dikkatli olunuz.

________________________________

Connected by ssh client this time

$ chmod 777 bootstrap.sh

$ ls -la /tmp/boots*

-rwxrwxrwx 1 sozl1025 0 3986986 May 6 01:05 bootstrap.sh

-rwxrwxrwx 1 sozl1025 0 511795200 May 6 01:24 bootstrap.tar

Running the following command, i see the "invalid multibyte character" message disappeared, so there is one message left to resolve

$ /QOpenSys/usr/bin/ksh /tmp/bootstrap.sh --yes-this-is-unsupported-but-i-know-what-i-am-doing

/tmp/bootstrap.sh: /tmp/gtar: cannot execute Bootstrap failed $

--

Cheers,

Nihat

DİKKAT: Bu e-posta kurum dışından gönderilmiştir. Zararlı dosya veya bağlantılar (link) içerebilir. Kaynağından emin olmadığınız dosyaları/bağlantıları (link) açarken veya e-postayı cevaplarken dikkatli olunuz.

________________________________

Greetings,

I have nearly the same problem reported at https://bitbucket.org/ibmi/opensource/issues/147/how-to-install-bootstrap-if-error-says-it

Firstly ran the command of "QSH CMD('touch -C 819 /tmp/bootstrap.log; /QOpenSys/usr/bin/ksh /tmp/bootstrap.sh --yes-this-is-unsupported-but-i-know-what-i-am-doing > /tmp/bootstrap.log 2>&1')" and received the message of "Command ended normally with exit status 1"

Took Kevin Adler's recommendation and uploaded the bootstrap.sh and bootstrap.tar.z files in binary then ran the command of "/QOpenSys/usr/bin/ksh /tmp/bootstrap.sh --yes-this-is-unsupported-but-i-know-what-i-am-doing" from qsh, but no luck

Here is the contents of /tmp/bootstrap.log file:

************Beginning of data**************

/tmp/bootstrap.sh: invalid multibyte character

/tmp/bootstrap.sh: /tmp/gtar: cannot execute Bootstrap failed ************End of Data********************

What is the reason to first message "invalid multibyte character" exactly and how to overcome it?

Any help would be really appreciated

--

Cheers,

Nihat