Sent: Sunday, February 28, 2021 at 1:25 PM
From: "Richard Schoen" <richard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "opensource@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <opensource@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [IBMiOSS] Scripting cURL to execute in CL Programs
Install QSHONI and make calling shell stuff so much easier. It handles all
the little details for you.

You can call your curl command listed below and consume the results as an
OUTFILE, Spool File or in the joglog (Not recommended for large results).

QSHONI/QSHEXEC CMDLINE('/QOpenSys/usr/bin/sh -c
"/QOpenSys/bin/script.sh"')

QShell on i Commands
[1]http://www.github.com/richardschoen/qshoni

Regards,
Richard Schoen
Web: [2]http://www.richardschoen.net
Email: richard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

message: 1
date: Sat, 27 Feb 2021 12:06:44 -0600
from: "Jacob Banda" <jnbanda@xxxxxxxxxx>
subject: Re: [IBMiOSS] Scripting cURL to execute in CL Programs

I agree with Bryan's suggestion. At least it's easier for me that way.

QSH CMD('/QOpenSys/usr/bin/sh -c "/QOpenSys/bin/script.sh"') where
/QOpenSys/bin/script.sh is any PASE shell command or script.

See IBM's article on calling shell scripts from CL.
[3]https://www.ibm.com/support/pages/node/684869

Jacob Banda

date: Fri, 26 Feb 2021 15:02:27 -0600
from: Bdietz400 <bdietz400@xxxxxxxxx>
subject: Re: [IBMiOSS] Scripting cURL to execute in CL Programs

It might help to put the curl steps in a shell script file and run that
from the command line program

--
Bryan Dietz

> On Feb 26, 2021, at 9:01 AM, Michael Fulmer <mfulmer@xxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> ? Has anyone had success scripting cURL to execute in an IBM i CL
Program?

[6]https://archive.midrange.com/opensource.

link: [7]https://amazon.midrange.com

at [9]https://archive.midrange.com/opensource.