i wonder if the OSS logrotate would work. I've not tried it, but it is used for IFS log files

<man logrotate>
LOGROTATE(8) System Administrator's Manual LOGROTATE(8)

NAME
logrotate ‐ rotates, compresses, and mails system logs

SYNOPSIS
logrotate [--force] [--debug] [--state file] [--verbose] [--log file] [--mail command] config_file [con‐
fig_file2 ...]

DESCRIPTION
logrotate is designed to ease administration of systems that generate large numbers of log files. It allows
automatic rotation, compression, removal, and mailing of log files. Each log file may be handled daily,
weekly, monthly, or when it grows too large.

Normally, logrotate is run as a daily cron job. It will not modify a log more than once in one day unless the
criterion for that log is based on the log's size and logrotate is being run more than once each day, or un‐
less the -f or --force option is used.

Any number of config files may be given on the command line. Later config files may override the options given
in earlier files, so the order in which the logrotate config files are listed is important. Normally, a sin‐
gle config file which includes any other config files which are needed should be used. See below for more in‐
formation on how to use the include directive to accomplish this. If a directory is given on the command
line, every file in that directory is used as a config file.

If no command line arguments are given, logrotate will print version and copyright information, along with a
short usage summary. If any errors occur while rotating logs, logrotate will exit with non-zero status.

</man logrotate>

bryan