So here's the docs for the Python DB API standard that PyODBC conforms to:
[1]https://www.python.org/dev/peps/pep-0249/

As not all databases return columns (or not in all situations) the
standard only supports retrieval by index, however implementations are
free to add extensions and PyODBC does this:
[2]https://github.com/mkleehammer/pyodbc/wiki/Features-beyond-the-DB-API#access-values-by-name
eg.

import pyodbc
conn = pyodbc.connect('DSN=*LOCAL')
cur = conn.cursor()
cur.execute('select * from qiws.qcustcdt')
for row in cur:
    print(row.CUSNUM, row.INIT, row.LSTNAM)

Above, I got rid of the fetchall(), which is not needed since the cursor
object is iterable and will do the fetches for you. I think that satisfies
your requirement for easy access, but if you _need_ it in a dictionary,
then I'm not sure it helps at all because there's no easy way that I can
find to get all the columns as attributes and convert them to a
dictionary. I think the zip solution you already have would be faster, but
you could use a dict comprehension if you wanted: { _[0]:
getattr(row,_[0])  for _ in cur.description}