From: Niels Liisberg <nli@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: "OpenSource" <opensource-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: IBMi Open Source Roundtable <opensource@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [EXTERNAL] Re: [IBMiOSS] Python WSGI Server
Date: Fri, May 1, 2020 2:25 AM

WSGI is Pythons  version of CGI or fastCGI. I will suggest you try NGINX
on
your IBM i . It is as easy as:  yum install nginx

Then read this:

[1]https://uwsgi-docs.readthedocs.io/en/latest/Nginx.html ;

Another trail to follow is to use a python server like gnuicorn

[2]https://www.google.dk/amp/s/www.appdynamics.com/blog/engineering/an-introduction-to-python-wsgi-servers-part-1/amp/ ;

tor. 30. apr. 2020 kl. 17.28 skrev Quintin Holmberg <
qholmberg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

> We have a student group doing a Python based dashboard for us. I'm
getting
> the IBMi ready for a Flask based app so, I need a WSGI container. This
is
> new to me. It seems there are a variety of options including mod_wsgi
for
> Apache.
>
> Two questions ...
> 1) Could anyone who has configured a WSGI container on the IBMi
describe
> for me what they used and, possibly, provide some links to
configuration?
> 2) Does anyone know of a good instruction set for configuring mod_wsgi
in
> Apache on the IBMi?
>
> We already use Apache for some web applications so, I'm leaning that
> directions. That said, I'm open to information about "better" options
and
> why they might be preferable.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Quintin Holmberg
> Director of IT
> Dayton Rogers Manufacturing Co.
> qholmberg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>
> NOTICE – this email and any attached file (“Information”) may contain
> technical data subject to the U.S. International Traffic in Arms
Regulation

at [7]https://archive.midrange.com/opensource ;.

link: [8]https://amazon.midrange.com ;