On Fri, Nov 8, 2019 at 4:58 PM Pete Helgren <pete@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Scott was generous enough to make it compatible with 6.1. I am not
familiar enough with the code base to know whether you could even
compile for 5.4 but you are welcome to try. All the source is there.

I can't check for myself, but I would be quite surprised if you
couldn't compile for V5R4. I would think the C code is very
straightforward and highly portable.

That being said, if for whatever reason OP cannot get YAJL to work on
V5R4, one really nice option in my opinion is iSeriesPython 2.7. It
works on all versions V5R3 and later, and has built-in JSON support.
Yes, you may have to adjust your architecture a bit to integrate the
Python with the RPG; and yes, it won't be as fast as YAJL. But boy, is
it ever easy. (And as far as integration, depending on the context, it
could well be easiest to migrate all the RPG functionality to
iSeriesPython, which has both RLA file operations and SQL.)

JSON is an extremely nice fit with Python, because JSON's types map
very straightforwardly to Python types. In particular, JSON arrays and
objects have syntax and semantics directly compatible with Python's
lists and dictionaries, respectively.

John Y.