Ok, that's a little more clear about what and how to set things... and did
solve the issue. Thanks, Kevin. Even though I have no idea what it did.
:)

Is this sort of thing documented somewhere about why it's needed? (please
don't say the OSS wiki.. hehe that thing is a mess)

On Tue, Oct 1, 2019 at 11:05 AM Kevin Adler <kadler@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

You did ADDENVVAR ENVVAR(PASE_STDIO_ISATTY) VALUE(N) then ran QSH?

This works for me:

> QSH CMD('/QOpenSys/pkgs/lib/nodejs12/bin/node -v')
Command ended normally with exit status 133.
> ADDENVVAR ENVVAR(PASE_STDIO_ISATTY) VALUE(N)
Environment variable added.
> QSH CMD('/QOpenSys/pkgs/lib/nodejs12/bin/node -v')
Command ended normally with exit status 0.

The first prints out

[11508102]: ../src/node.cc:560:void node::PlatformInit(): Assertion
`(err) ==
(0)' failed.
qsh: 001-0078 Process ended by signal 5.

After setting the environment variable, it shows

v12.8.1